Hmmm, Looks Like I may have found what I'm looking for. It would seem that Mandrake essentially uses a dynamic menu system, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Other ways of getting your menus updated would probably be clunky and cumbersome at best.

In order to make life simpler of Mandrake's KDE developers, it would seem that they use a special command (don't know what that command actually is yet) to search /usr/lib/menu for all valid menu entries (valid-menu-entries = installed programs which can be run from a GUI), and those valid entries consist of simple text files with basic information about the program.

When you think about it, it's ingenious and simplistically elegant. If you install a new package, and that package is configured to place a file into this folder, then it will be added to the menu automatically.
Restarting your desktop, seems to force KDE to check this folder for new files, at which point any new entries are added to the menu.

Running MenuDrake accomplishes exactly the same thing. If a menu-config-file exists in /usr/lib/menu for a particular application, that application will automatically be added or re-inserted into the menu.

So, the simple way to remove the menu-listing for a particular application, is to remove the menu-config-file for that application from /usr/lib/menu and rerun MenuDrake.

Or so it seems. I'm about to test that theory. Will get back to the list after I test this, in case someone else wants to know.

-- Lanman Registered Linux User #190712