Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

It would appear that on Jan 24, Mikkel L. Ellertson did say:

I would like to see the output of "route -n" and "ifconfig" and "ifconfig -a".
Something is definitly strange here.

Mikkel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ifconfig
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ifconfig -a
lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
         UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
         collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
         RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Does that help???

Well, I can see the direct cause of the problem, but not the underlying cause. For some reasion the lo interface is not comming up. Now to find out why...

The next step would be to look at /etc/hosts, and /etc/sysconfig/networking/cfg-lo and see if there is something strange there. (You may want to check to be sure /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo is a link pointing to ../networking/ifcfg-lo.)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!