Miark wrote:
On 28 Jan 2005 12:23:38 -0500, J. wrote:

Miark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

When I try to run MicroEMACS in Powershell, I get
"Environment variable TERM not defined!" So if I "TERM=vt100" and then "export TERM" all is well. Unless I close and open it again, that is.

How do I make this change permanent without affecting
other working term emulators which I still use regularly?

Miark

Does Powershell have a .rc file?

It does, but I've gone through the docs and it doesn't
have the ability to set variables--at least not that I
could see. It only sets built in preferences.

Well, for the time being, I'm going to have to give up
and just use konsole instead. It's slow to open, but it's
my term em of choice, so I can't complain. I still love
XFCE 4.2, even if I can't use Powershell.

Miark

Does Powershell set TERM to any value? If it sets it to a terminal type that isn't defined, there is hope...

If TERM isn't defined, you may be able to add something to .bashrc - something like (untested)

if [ ! $TERM ] ; then export TERM=xterm ; fi

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!