On Monday 31 January 2005 09:46 am, Julie Sloan wrote:
> teguh wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thank you Julie for asking Making New Connection cause I have the same
> > problem since I live in Asia (Indonesia). I don't know which provider
> > should I choose. Beside that I have problem with my connection so i'll
> > work on building connecting first then ask that question.Till now i'm
> > still struggling to connect my comp to internet under Linux or save my
> > money to buy an external modem to overcome this.
> > ===it's just a blow of my thought today!!===
>
> Hi teguh - - here is the external modem I bought last summer; it works
> well for me:
>
> http://www.bestdata.com/product.asp?pid=41&catID=4
>
> I think I have the same setup as you - - dual booting Mandrake-10.0 and
> WinXP.
>
> The call-waiting feature only works on the Winduh side though.  :(
>
> hth
> Julie
call witing features of the modem are something setup with the init string you
send the modem just before calling. copy the init string you use in winders,
and/or look through the book that came with your modem. you can set the same
init string in the setup of kppp..
--
linux counter #167806 (http://counter.li.org/)
website="http://ed-tharp.kicks-ass.org";