Dear All Mandrake Users,

I am using Mandrake Linux 9.1 to do my Master degree research project with University of Malaya, Malaysia...

My problem is, I have to install a network simulator called NS2 version ns-2.1b9 on my Linux platform but the Linux gcc 3.2.2 would support my ns-2.1b9...The problem is because of the gcc version and my supervisor advised me to downgrade the gcc version to any lower version...

Can someone kindly tell me how to do this downgrading?...I am very-very new to Linux environment and afraid of touching any sensitive areas in it...

Please help...I really would appreciate your help...

Thank you...

Regards,
Vathsala Devi
Master of Computer Science