On Sunday 13 February 2005 12:42 pm, Glenn wrote:
> On Sun February 13 2005 10:29, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > For anyone that have been using my beta packages of amaroK, I have test
> > packages up for 1.2 final.  I have been testing all morning, and
> > everything seems good, but before 1.2 final is officially announced by
> > the amaroK team, they would like to see the packages tested more.  Since
> > I am the only Mandrake user on the amaroK project, I am appealing to the
> > expert and newbie lists for a few brave souls who will test these
> > packages.
>
> Greg;
>     I've been downloading the packages from your site since beta2 (which
> was the last one that didn't misbehave for me <g>.)  I'm having some major
> fits getting mysql running correctly, though, so I'm not surprised that I'm
> having problems.  I'll give the final a try.  Thanks for packaging these up
> for us.

If you are trying to use mysql for the purpose of speed, you may want to try
the sqlite again.  The devs did some major optimizations of the sqlite engine
and it is very fast now.

Also, with respect to mysql, you need to create an empty database called
amarok first, then load amarok and tell it to use mysql.
--
/g