On February 25, 2005 10:25 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> When I boot Mandrake the boot manager gives me a choice between:
> "linux-smp", "linux", and "linux-nonfb". What is the difference
> between these?

I'm going to guess that you have an Intel hyperthread processor,  This
is what i have and so some operating systems like linux see this as a
dual processor machine.  So that is what the smp kernel is for,  the
one labeled just linux would be a single processor.  I am using the
smp kernel and it works very well,  but you should experiment and see
what you like.  As for linux-nonfb hopefully some one else can explain
that to us as i have never tried that myself.

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Fri Feb 25 23:46:38 EST 2005
 23:46:38 up  8:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.05, 0.00