Miroslav Skoric wrote:

Dennis Myers wrote:

Misko, it has been a while since I did this, but, you should be able to take all of the html pages, such as index.html, page1xx.html etc and all .png, .gif, .jpg, etc save them to a CD or DVD and then install them all in /var/www/html. Then start httpd and Apache should pick them up and bingo you are back on the internet with your web page. Just as an aside though ,

Dennis, do you mean that web folders structure should remain the same as if it was under Windows? For example, I have some specific folders with pictures made by Picasa software (that makes a kind of a slide show). I also have some FrontPage-made series of slides that also reside in some specific directories. Should I just transfer all that stuff in /var/www/html ?

if you used MS FrontPage to do the web site, it will not conform to the W3C standards. Some browsers may not render it properly. It is not to bad to fix if you use Quanta+ and revise some of the html a bit. HTH

Ok, will try to do that and report on results.

Misko

If I remember, from when I made a similar transition from IIS & W2k to Apache & MDK 9.2, IIS is not case sensative, and Apache is. So a link to a file named AbCdEfG.HTM that worked under Windows may not work on Linux if you don't get your uppercase/lowercase right.

That's kindof a "no duh" thing, but it gave me greif when moving stuff designer on a Windoze server to *NIX.

Cheerio,
    SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862
http://counter.li.org

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby
Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."