On Wednesday 16 March 2005 10:14, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> I've installed k3b and would like to have a desktop shortcut as it is not
> listed in my menus (that I have found yet).  I can start it okay from
> command line, but thought there has to be another way.
>
> I found instructions to right click on desktop and enter path in "link to
> application".  The problem is that I do not know what the path is.  k3b is
> in /usr/bin so I simply tried entering that which was no good.  The example
> in the insrtuctions doesn't bear any resemblance to me, to my want/need.
>
> Thanks
> Rosemary
If you're using KDE it should under: <System>, <archiving>, <CD Burning>.

You can add it yourself (any place you want) by right-clicking "yellow star"
and selecting "menu editor" and copying the existing entry (or adding a new
one) anywhere you want.

The complete path shouldn't be nescessary, just:"k3b" (without the quotes)
should do the trick.
--
Good luck,
HarM