Stephen Furlong wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mikkel L. Ellertson
Sent: 17 March 2005 23:13
To: newbie@linux-mandrake.com
Subject: Re: [newbie] VNC for Mandrake?

Stephen Furlong wrote:

Anyone know how to setup a VNC server for mandrake? I have it working on my suse9.2 box, but I just cant seem to fathom it out (suse did provide me with a easy way to install it L ).

Running mandrake 10.1 3-cd version.

Need vnc access only from local network, and either via a js-based
plugin for a webpage (a-la suse) or using tightvnc for windows (or
something similar)

I did a google for it but could onl pull up limited information that
basically made no sense L

TIA,

Stephen

You might want to install the tightvnc-server package. (urpmi tightvnc-server)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!

[quote]
unable to retrieve pathname for removable medium "Installation DVD (cdrom1)"
eject: unable to find or open device for: `/dev/hdd'
Please insert the medium named "Installation DVD " on device [/dev/hdd]
Press Enter when ready... medium "Installation DVD (cdrom1)" is not selected
[/quote]

Take it removing the dvd-rom drive used to install mandrake wasn't a good
idea :(

Care to point me in the right direction? Ive dumped the rpm in a folder on
the machine, and am currently only able to install via the command-line
input in webmin.

TIA

rpm -ivh <rpm name>

Also, to stop this problem from happening in the future, you may want to run "urpmi.removemedia -a" if the CD's are the only media, or run "urpmi.removemedia cdrom1", "urpmi.removemedia cdrom2", etc to remove the CD-ROM sources. You can use urpmi.addmedia to add in web sources and/or sources on the local network.