On Friday 18 March 2005 09:24, Noel McG. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Mandrake 10.1  Can anyone tell me if the following might be
> compatible and run OK.
>
> Scanner.  Cannon 4200F
>
> Printers.   HP 7762, or HP1100D
>
> Thank you.
If you open MandrakeControlCentre>Hardware>Scanners
and select 'Add a Scanner Manually'
you will see a list of supported scanners.

Yours is not in the list :-(

Then go to http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON

and you see it is not listed there either, so it looks like you are out of
luck.

As for the printers
MandrakeControlCentre>Hardware>Printers
select 'Add' uncheck the 'printer auto detect' box and pick an interface.
You will then see a list of supported printers
If your printer is not listed try a driver for a similar model.
Also check out www.linuxprinting.org

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net