Miark wrote:
I ssh'ed to another box on my network and ran Firefox. But instead of it running off the remote machine, it ran from my _local_ machine.

Odd! How do I prevent that?

Miark

Miark; There's probably an option to do what you're trying. If I understand you correctly, you want the ability to launch an app from a remote system, and have it run from the local system.

IE: Connect to PC #2 from PC #1, Launch a program on PC #2 from PC #1, and have the program run on PC #2's display?

That possibility might be tough to do. But keep in mind that even though the application or program displays itself on PC #1, it's actually running on PC #2 and just allowing you to interact with it.

It is using the CPU and RAM of PC #2 to perform the task you launched, but it's exporting the display of that program on PC #1. This is a direct and default action of ssh and the fact that it can export X-sessions.

In fact, it's very much like LTSP.

HTH's

--
Mr. Geek