Seth Gibson wrote:

> Greetings all!
>         Im taking a survey for a web project im working on and i was wondering
> if anyone interested would mind answering the following question:
>
> When you were just getting started in linux, what was question (or questions)
> you had that no one seemed to have an answer for?

Why my Sony CDU31A cdrom worked during installation, but didn't work
after rebooting and starting the new installation (was Slackware 2.3 or
something like that -- Linux kernel was 1.0.9).  How to configure X mode
lines (this was before all the pretty configuration utilities).

I spent just over a year using Linux without being able to use X.  :)

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator