On Sat, 27 Nov 1999,bluebottle wrote:
  | As it's ISA it should. Check that it has jumpers to set it as non PnP.  Set to
  | non PnP and config jumpers/dip switches to say Com 4 IRQ 3. My ISA Modem is set
  | to this and works fine.
  |
  | On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, you wrote:
  | > Will the Newcom Internal 56K Data/Fax ISA Modem work with Linux?
  | >
  | > Thanks in advance,
  | > Ian Herbert

You can use any available COM port you wish, just be sure that the IRQ is set
for the COM port you choose. You should be able to determine the correct
assignments in your BIOS, or in a "fix it yourself" 'puter book. Both the COM
port and the IRQ must be available (not in use by any other device).

HTH,

--
Ernie ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

The measure of a man is in his honor ...