On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Hey again all...
>
> New problem, I have gotten into Disk Druid (finally! ;)) and now it wont
> assign the root partition because it says that "the boot partition is too
> large?"
>
> I believe this has something to do with it being over 1024 cylinders.. or
> perhaps it is because of a Fat32 partition being in the way.... I can't get
> rid of the Windoze partition, so I need to figure out a way around this... I
> know it's a pretty common problem...

Pick up a copy of Partition Magic from Powerquest and use
that to "squeeze" a 5-10 meg partition at the head of the
drive that windows won't "see." Make that your "/boot"
partition and that *should* work.
If you picked up a boxed set of Mandrake, you should have a
copy of Partition Magic included on one of the extra CDs.
If not, you'll have to pony up an additional fee to
PowerQuest for a full version of PM.
        John