Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 9:53 AM
Subject: [newbie] GNU kaffe virtual machine

Hi
Trying to run "kaffe" GNU's Java virtual machine. I used guavac to create
the HelloWorld.class file. When I typed:

            kaffe -classpath /usr/share/kaffe HelloWorld

I received: Couldn't find or load essential classes
`java/language/Object' java.language.NoClassDefFoundError
java/language/Object.

I included /usr/include/kaffe, /usr/lib/kaffe and /usr/share/kaffe in my
path. Also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/kaffe

What am I missing? Any help would be appriciated. Would it be better to load
JDK from Sun or go with GNU?