thanks for the tip, Dennis. first try didn't get X going for me, but i
get
your meaning. i also tried it on an old install of 6.5 that i thought
was workable. i think i'll sharpen my claws on 6.0 first, being that i
had the
sound, printer, and lan card configured within a few days. but then
again...midnight commander ehh? i like it.

later...touco