On Sat, 27 Nov 1999,Jaswinder S. Ahluwalia wrote:
  | To those who might be able to offer some help,
  |
  | I hooked up a cassette player to the "line-in" of my sound card. In
  | windows, i have a program that lets me listen to what ever i play through
  | the "line-in" but this program crashes when i try to use it through linux
  | through wine. Is there any way i can listen to the "line-in" in linux?
  |
  | Thanks in advance,
  | jas

If you use KDE, start the sound panel in the Multimedia menu. This should allow
you to turn on (or up) the sound level on the line in connection. Then if
something is playing on "line in", you should be able to hear it. Then simply
use the player's controls to turn it on or off etc.

HTH,

--
Ernie ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

The measure of a man is in his honor ...