Sean Armstrong wrote:

> "Ty C. Mixon" wrote:
>
> > I am finally making the switch I had planned for a long time.  Went
> > from KDE to WinoowMaker.  And I have one word about the speed
> > differences - WOW!!
> >
> > It's especially noticeable in Star Office.  It no longer takes minutes
> > to start, or open folders.  Wish I had taken the time earlier!!
> >
> > Just thought I'd throw the thought out there for others who want speed
> > up SO - I know it's a bear!!
> >
> > --
> > Ty Mixon
> > e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > ICQ:    26147713
>
> You can also try Blackbox at blackbox.alug.org.  This GUI is as fast if
> not faster
> than Windowmaker and probably alot easier to configure.  I know it looks
> cooler.
> (My own personal opinion.)
> SA
>
> --
> When GOD endowed human beings with brains, He did not intend to guaratee them.

I like KDE, but I tried switching to XFce (maybe pick up some speed), and it's
pretty damn confusing being that I havn't been using Linux for more than a few
weeks, and KDE  is a little more like the windoze I'm so used to.  Any XFce users
on the list that can maybe help me get started?  One of
the problems I have is that when I try to read Netscape mail, I get the msg that
no default mail folder currently exists and I can't get any new mail.
It's just wierd!  When I first started it, it was just a blank XFwm desktop w/
this little Pager thing.  I had to start an Xterm and start XFce manually.
Maybe I'll just stick w/ KDE until I get a better grasp of Linux.
Thanks alll!
-Josh