Hi,

I've been fiddling round trying to get my pnp modem running under linux and
I've decided that I'll reach out and ask for help.

In order to minimise my pings under q3a (A non-negotiable necessity) I have
to have my modem set to pnp mode and my bios set to non-pnp OS installed. (I
tried EVERY combination and this combo led to a whole 22 ms lower than its
nearest competing option.

The IRQ is 9 and the IO is 2e8

I read in the modem howto and it says edit /etc/rc.d/rc.serial (which isn't
there).  another HOWTO says edit /etc/serial.conf (which isn't there.)

What can I do?  Any useful documents you guys could point me to?