Hi all!

I am trying gnus v5.6.45 as a newsreader. It takes hours to read
the active file. (Dont know how long exactly,it's still in progress)
Netscape needs only some seconds for this.
I'm using NewsCache for my local NNTP server.
In top there is 95% CPU usage shown for NewsCache.
CPU usage for xemacs is low. So I think,gnus is doing something
wrong with my NNTP server.

Here's my .gnus file:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "localhost"))
(setq nntp-maximum-request 1)
(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil
          gnus-read-active-file 'some
          gnus-nov-is-evil nil)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

--
If you wish to leave this excellent group follow the instructions.
Alternatively you can use a 14lb sledgehammer on your computer.