To anyone that can help,

I just installed Mandrake Linux 6.1 and it did not setup my supraexpress 56k
V.90 modem, chipset 2120.  That is because the modem is pnp i'm guessing,
went to www.linuxnewbie.com and read their article on installing an isapnp
modem.  Did all the setserial and editing the isapnp.conf file to change it
to detect the modem at com1, both serial ports are diabled in the bios and i
have no other isa cards.  I keep getting a conflict with irq 4, when i set
it for com2, i get a conflict with irq3, any setting right now gets a
conflict.  my computer is an amdk6-2 450, asus p5a mainboard, voodoo3 3000,
sound blaster live value, intel pro100 management nic, and da modem.  if
anyone has seen this problem or knows the fix for it plz reply to the list
or e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED], i checked the list archives and didn't see
any problems like this one.

thanks a whole lot in advance, this is the only reason why windows is still
on my computer, once the modem works goodbye billie boy's software.

tony