I don't know when/why this started, but now whenever I try to open an xterm
I get this error "no available ptys," and when I try rxvt I get "can't open
slave tty (null)."  I'm assuming these are the same problem, just different
variations of the error message.  Any ideas?  The only advice I got so far
was to reinstall but that's too much of a pain considering how nicely I have
this configured now.

Also, one more quick question, I heard someone mention a desktop shortcut
that enabled them to update their kernel.  How can I do this without the
shortcut?  I heard someone mention that Redhat has a feature where you can
ftp in or something and automatically update all old versions of your
software (much faster than manually doing it), any ideas how to do this?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

John Ehrhart