On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Christopher M. Kopp wrote:

  |  How do I get out of X-Windows and into bash... my display is messed up in
X-Windows because I have a different monitor where I am right now... I cannot work in
X-Windows because I am unable to see half of the screen.

  |  Please help.
  |
  |  -Chris

Chris,

There are several ways. If X is already running, you can do CTRL+ALT+BKSPACE,
or to get to an other console you can do CTRL+ALT+F2 and CTRL+ALT+F7 to get back
into X. Or if you are starting at the lilo prompt use linux 3 - this will start
you in a text only console with X not running.

BTW, the HTML is rather dificult for us text only mail client users to read. If
it is at all possible, can you disable the HTML when sending to this list? It
will be greatly appreciated by all who attempt to be of help.

HTH,

Ernie