Hey group,

        Linux Mandrake 6.5 (that's what it says on the box) runs well
on my machine, but one problem I'm having is that when I connect to the
BERO-FTPD server from a client on another machine (WinNT) and the welcome
message comes up, and then I get no response from the client program for
about 2-3 minutes!  Then, the cursor comes back up and I can transfer files
normally, and at full speed.  I've noticed a "DATA-"-something TIME-WAIT
connection doing a netstat on WinNT.   The same thing happens with CuteFTP,
except that I get an hourglass over the CuteFTP window after the
welcome message, for the same 2-3 minutes.
Both NICs are 10/100, but I have noticed that the one on the Linux box
stays at 10Mbps (as indicated on the hub lights).

Linux Box:      NE2000-compatible 10/100 generic non-bus-mastering PCI NIC
WinNT Box:      Kingston EtherEx 10/100 bus-mastering PCI NIC

I configured the NIC in the Linux Box according to the setup/installation
program.

What is causing the delay?

Thanks much in advance...

Gustaf B.

...back to the manuals...(or trial and *spark* *flash* *bang!*)