On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> I am running Linux Mandrake 6 and Windows 98 on my
> machine. I have not been able to get my sound card to
> work, it is a Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64V. During the
> installation of linux I tried almost all the sound
> card options and I kept getting  errors. So I skipped
> that. Also I have a Lexmark 1000 Series color printer.
> None of the printer options in mandrake works with
> this printer. What should I do? On a more desparate
> note I recently installed a 120MB floppy drive in my
> machine. It works fine under windows 98, however, it
> will not mount under linux. By the way  I bought the
> machine with  a 120MB floppy drive but the head got
> damaged and I had it replaced. The previous floppy
> worked o.k. under linux  so I cannot figure out why
> the new one is not working. I would be very grateful
> if you could help me on these three issues.

The Lexmark is a "WinPrinter." You've heard of
"WinModems"??? Well this is the printer equivalent.
Requires special software which ONLY works under Windows.

As for your LS-120 suggest you check the archives for the
proper installation info. It may be you need to edit your
fstab file to get it to work. IIRC, it's an IDE device, so
it should be on /dev/hdx (no number, just hdx where x=a-z)
to work properly.
        John