I have a few few questions.

I recently changed my motherboard to a different case
and I changed the slots my video card was in took out
the simms and put them back in.  The only card I have
is a PCI matrox video card.  After I switched out the
box I get a crc error after LILO starts to boot.  What
can do this.   I'm assuming that the crc stands for
cyclic redundancy check which would imply a hardware
problem but it passes the bios memory check for the
RAM.

Another question I have is how do I mount my floppy
and cdrom when it can't find them in /etc/fstab or
/etc/mtab?  I've just been using the command mount
cdrom and I get the messag that it cant find the
devices in either location.
What is actually happening during the mount process?
does each user have to mount hardware or is it mounted
only by root?

Thanks In Advance,
Tom Jacobs