Hi,

I just upgraded to Mandrake 6.1 from 5.3.  Among the many problems I'm
having, one of the most serious is that NFS isn't working anymore.  I
start NFS manually with the /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs script.  Now when I try
to run the script, I get the error:

Starting NFS
services:

[  OK  ]
Starting NFS statd:
Starting NFS quotas:
Starting NFS mountd:
Starting NFS daemon:
nfssvc: Function not implemented

[FAILED]

What is nfssvc?  It seems to be saying that NFS isn't implemented.  But
I recompiled kernel 2.2.13 with NFS support.  'cat /proc/filesystems' on
this machine shows:

        ext2
        msdos
        vfat
nodev   proc
nodev   nfs
nodev   smbfs
        iso9660
nodev   autofs
nodev   devpts

nfs shows up in this listing.  NFS was working under Mandrake 5.3.  Why
can't I start NFS?  Thanks,

Hidong