Des Wass wrote:

> ++ /12/99, Donny:
>  >I am using wingate on my machine with the modem in it. How can I get linux to use
>wingate as a proxy?
>
> I would make your linux box the gateway. Ditch Wingate and make your Windows
> machine go through your linux box.
>
> Read the man page and the HOWTO for ipchains. It explains it pretty clearly.
>
> --
>                 |   http://www.prowebservers.com
> Desmond Wass    |   Web Hosting Systems
> {Mobile Stolen} |   Phone: 08 9244 4877
>                 |   Fax: 08 9244 4977
Donny,

the easiest way is to assign whatever your wingate computer's ethernet
card address as the proxy address in your browser and email program. I
did the same thing with my cable modem connection and it worked fine.
everything using wingate as a proxy should use port 80. I was not able
to configure my system to use ftp, but everything else worked fine. I
agree that making your linux box is a better idea, but I have never been
able to get 2 ethernet cards to work right in linux, so I use an NT box
and Sygate to connect my network to the net.

James Mellema, CRNA MA
Linux User #71650