Hidong Kim wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am Daniel Monette and i build linux 2 days ago.
> > I have Mandrake 6.0. I tried to install and, each
> > time, the installation quit cause: Signal 11 and
> > Read Header *******
> >
> > I really want an explication. I give you my computer
> > specifications:
> >  - MotherBoard MB-5981
> >  - AMD K6-2 3D NOW CPU
> >  - Video card VGA 16 Colors (256KB) ISA
> >  - 1.2 GB Hard drive
> >  - 512Kb CACHE
> >  - 32 MB Ram
> >  - Sound Card ISA 16 bits
> >  - On board HDD/FDD controller
> >
> > I wait for your answer !!!!
> > Thanks alot !
> > :)
> > Daniel
>
> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Signal 11 errors are usually due to some bad hardware.  I had some bad
> ram modules that were causing signal 11 errors.  Try new ram modules.
> Good luck,
>
> Hidong

I second this.. I learned this at some of my local linux user groups install
fests.. Sig11 is just about always hardware. And to make it more complicated,
the same machine will "work" under Windows..

This will be time consuming, but you might try pulling a device at a time and see what
happens.
( Obviously you can't pull the vid card, but maybe you can find a substitute.. ).

But as the first replyee said, RAM is a good suspect.
Alan

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])