Does anybody know what might be going on here?

Please copy responses to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,

Morris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have seen the installer keep running even when
there is register dump text in the 'background.'  I still have not completed an
install, but I haven't tried the 'patches' either....  I'll work on doing that,
but I wonder how I will do it since my system is spanking new (how to apply the
patch?).

I have seen alot of postings on the asus newsgroup about ps2 and power
settings, but all of that was for windows I think.  What thread(s) are you
looking at that describe our problem?

I was able to install windows98, but I don't want that on my disk.  So, you and
I seem to reach the same conclusion that it is not faulty hardware.

I keep thinking it might have something to do with bios settings and/or linux
drivers for mobo.  i am using the default settings.

I will have to investigate which patches I will need to get, since one extra
twist is that I am trying to install Mandrake 6.1, based off of red hat.

Thanks again for the reply.  I'll keep you posted and hopefully likewise.

morris