On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hi Group:
>  Downloaded:  boot-RHEA-1999_044.img file from Redhat.com to clean up rh
> 6.1.  Started install of redhat with new boot disk, goes through
> language and keyboard, then calls for boot disk, I hit enter: linux
> says: cannot mount floppy.  Is it me? or can someone suggest a course of
> action?
> Thanks again! Chris.

*cough* Hey, Chris...you DO know you're on the Mandrake
mailing list, NOT the RedHat mailing list, right? I mean
there IS a difference... :-)
That being said, I would try re-making that floppy. It may
be bad. If you're creating it with dd, you should see a
certain number of records in and out. Make sure they match!
Otherwise, it's a bad floppy. If you're making this with
RedHat's Rawrite for Windows, it should (I think) tell you
if it's a bad floppy, or at least that the disk creation
failed.
        John