Thanks, Des!

I went back to the original smb.conf that was created at installation,
and edited it for our system.  I can now print to the Linux Epson from
the Windows machines.  One minor bummer using this modified original
smb.conf is that the Linux shares I created with 2770 permission aren't
accessible anymore from the Windows machines, while the 2777 permission
shares are.  Do I have to create an 'smb' workgroup on the Windows
machines to access 2770 shares on the Linux machines?  Thanks again for
all your help.  Shouldn't you be out getting wasted?  Cheers,

Hidong