I've just had this problem, but Mandrake 6.1 only recognized 15M of RAM for
me, and I have 256M.  Here's the advice I recieved from the Cleveland LUG:

Add the following line to the global options section of your /etc/lilo.conf

append = "mem=128M"

using the vim command as superuser.
Once saved and back at the shell prompt, run lilo
You have to run lilo after you modify lilo.conf to have the changes take
effect.

You might get an error with one of the lines, something like 'initrd =
'...I've tried looking up what this line is, and I've had no luck, so I
removed it and filled in the 'vga' option, and voila! no problems