Hi,

I'm still having nfs problems.  One of the three Linux machines in our
network (all Mandrake 6.1 2.2.13-7mdk) seems to refuse to export its
partitions.  Manually starting inet, portmap, nfs on all three machines
gives no errors.  But then when I try to 'mount -a' on the other two
machines, I get the error:

mount: RPC: Program not registered

A 'df' on the other two machines shows all of the nfs mounted partitions
except the one that should be exported by the problem machine.  The
problem machine shows all of the nfs mounted partitions.  When I try a
'mount -a' from the other two machines, these errors show up in the
problems machine's /var/log/messages:

Feb  3 13:02:13 weaver portmap[1791]: connect from 192.168.1.12 to
getport(mountd): request from unauthorized host
Feb  3 13:02:13 weaver portmap[1790]: connect from 192.168.1.12 to
getport(mountd): request from unauthorized host

I have entries for all three machines in /etc/hosts.  I've checked all
other /etc/*hosts* files I can think of.  Why is weaver not recognizing
the other two machines?  I thought it might be a y2k problem.  So I just
flashed the bios to the most recent version.  It still doesn't work.
What else can I try before I decide to throw in the towel and reinstall
the os?  Thanks,

Hidong