Hi,
I am running linux mandrake 6.5 and have been having lots of problems connecting to my ISP.  The modem dials up fine but I always get some kind of error message and it ends up redialing the number.  I was told to try entering everything in the command line manually instead of what I had been doing using the "/sbin/ifup ppp0" command.  Here's what I typed:  pppd /dev/modem 57600 debug connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v " AT OK ATD5555555 "" OGIN: user ASSWORD: password ""

When I type this, I get the error message "pppd: unrecognized option 'AT' "  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what might be incorrect with my syntax?  Thanks.
  • ... Ludovic Deravet
  • ... Simon Yakan
  • ... Jaguar
  • ... Eero