OK, I know this is *very* newbie, but here goes.
I installed Linux on another computer of mine, and after installing X and
all that good stuff, i chose for X to start at boot.
Well the thing is, is that i need to use the *real* console to setup my DSL.
It seems netcfg just doesnt want to work in X, but i can get DSL linked up
in 2 seconds if i use it in the real console when you boot up. My question
is this: how do i bypass the starting of X at boot, and go right into the
console??
Oh yeah, ctrl + alt + backspace doesnt work. just brings me into the "login"
GUI promt.
thanks!
jerrud

***Whats the diffrence between Microsoft and a man w/ a gun in your face?
Nothing. They both want your money.***