First of all happy new year to everyone,

OK, my problem is as follows:
I re-installed Mandrake Linux 6.1 on my pc, but now i cant put
xscreensaver to work, i read the man pages of xscreensaver and added the
following lines to the Xsession file:

xscreensaver-commmand -exit
xscreensaver &

so everyone could activate their xscreensaver when they log on, i made
this work once but now it doesnt, the users have their ~/.xscreensaver
files.

If someone but root runs the xscreensaver-demo they can test the
screensaver, but if i try if with root i get the "xscreensaver seems not
to be running on display :0.0" warning message. Also at the first
console i get the following messages depending if root logged on or it
was another user:

if it is another user:
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession: line 4: 787 Aborted xscreensaver-command -exit
xscreensaver disabling builtin xscreensaver
xscreensaver: uyou can re-eneable it with "xset s on"

if it is root:
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession: line 4: 748 Aborted (core cumped)
xscreensaver-command -exit
AUDIT: Jan 5 07:33:05 2000: 411 X: client rejected from local host
Xlib: coneection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to server
xscreensaver: cant open display ":0"
xscreensaver: initial effective uid/gid was root/root (0/0)
xscreensaver: running as nobody/nobody (99/99)
xscreensaver: problems at start up are usually related to authorization
problems, did u read the manual? bla bla bla (i did read it, but most
likely i missed something important)

i hope someone can answer me this,

Juan Jose Natera

P.S. i have changed nothing else besides the files mentioned above, i
just installed my Mandrake 6.1 and then tried to setup the xscreensaver.