First, what you did does not do it- it will set the second path
mentioned (after the double pipe: ||) only if "sbin" is not already in the
path.  To ensure this is in your path, add another line (below this first
one) like so:
  export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/netscape
Second, put this line at the bottom of /etc/profile to set it for all
users.

And by the way, a brand-new-shell IS started just by opening a new xterm.
There's no need to restart X.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>