Josh McCaffrey wrote:

> Seth Gibson wrote:
>
> > Greets all!
> >         In real life i work at a Costco Warehouse, for those who dont know, its
> > a warehouse store similar to Sam's Club.  As i was walking the floor today i
> > noticed that we started selling MacMillian(sp) Complete Linux 6.5.  Right
> > next to Win98 Upgd.  How's that for mainstream?  God grant Win98 boxes
> > outnumbered Linux boxes by a factor greater than 2 to 1 but its a start eh?
>
> Oh, yeah, and Best Buy sells several distros for <1/2 what M$ Windows uprades
> are.  Caldera, SuSe, Redhat, Mandrake, Slackware, etc...
> It's neat, b/c Widows takes up this huge chunk of the aisle, you have little or no
> choice as to which Windows you want, and right next door are 1/2 as many Linux
> distros, but w/ greater variety and flexibility...  I always bump into people at
> the book or computer store under the Unix/Linux section and start talking about
> Linux.
> -Josh

I was just at the local compusa last weekend and bought FreeBSD 3.3. They had all the
major distros of Linux, plus quite a number of apps, I was quite surprised. Every
time I go there they have more software available for Linux, they even had a  big
floor display of Caldera on sale! That may not be my favorite store, but they are
about the only source for software anymore, other than online.

Chip