From:   Josh McCaffrey [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   13 January 2000 18:49
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [newbie] is linux meant to be slow??

Try "Xconfigurator" at the command prompt.  After you choose your video
card,
monitor specs, etc., try choosing more than one resolution, then later, you
can
switch resolutions by hitting <ctrl> <alt><+>.  Use the (+) on the num pad.
Mine is set at 1024x768 and 800x600, but whenever I switch to 800x600, I
get a
"virtual screen", which may be what you're describing.  eg: if you move the
mouse past the edge of your desktop, you can see the rest of it, but not
all at
once?  I don't care for the virtual screen either.
-Josh