OK, i repeat:
i can't get KDE to switch screen resolutions.
that means, that whereas most LINUX users upon hitting the
ctrl+alt+numpad-plussign/minussign would be able to resize their desktop, i
cannot.
that is the problem.
the small fonts, et alia, are the corollary.
i don't need this for an app. i just would like to be able to exercise my
right to switch screen resolutions should i so please. :)
that's all.