Hey all,
(flame-retardent-comment: I looked through the HOW-TOs and the user guide,
and the mailing list archive is unavailable right now.)

Could anyone tell me what I should take from win98 to setup the network in
linux?  I am running on a school network.

So far I've written the following down and tried it in linux to no avail:
ip
subnet mask
default gateway
DHCP server (from winipcfg)

I didn't think I used DHCP, since the install never recieved a reply...but I
guess I could be wrong (happens enough;)).

Sorry for the very stupid question...but I've copied everything I can think
of from winipcfg and network control panel, and still no inet=(
-Dave