Jim Garner wrote:

> I just got a new HD, IBM 14Gb 7200rpm.  I decided that I wanted a big chunk
> for my win audio stuff (I know, windows sucks, but it has amazing audio
> progs for it!!), and a small one for Mandrake Linux 6.1.  Here's what I did:
>

> Also, I deleted the parts I made in Disk Druid and then tried Fdisk, but it
> says something like this:
> This drive excedes 1024 cylinders it may cause problems with booting, and
> other OS's

Make sure that the BIOS recognizes the drive as a 14gig (or whatever) drive.
Then make sure the Linux /boot partition is the first partition on the drive.
(Run Linux install to fdisk, make the /boot partition with fdisk and lable it
with Disk Druid.  Then reboot the system with a DOS disk and use DOS fdisk to
make the DOS partition.  Then go back to the Linux install but don't mess up the
previously installed /boot partition.)

Frank Kamp