You should try and check your configure file tro see if the paths to the
c compiler are correctly defined.

The crt1.0 error could also lie in the fact that the path to your
libraries is not defined correctly (i.e. you might need to use the -L
option).  I use mips compilers but  this is a general question.  First
fix the path to your gcc compiler.

Deepak.

Jose Rechany wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> > I have several progarms that I downloaded and untared and
> > unziped. I then try to run the command ./configure   , But
> > each time I get the error below in the config.log file and
> > the error returmed in the konsole is that gcc is not
> > configured correctly or cannot create executables. Any info
> > would be of great help to me. Thank you.
> >

> > This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> > running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a
> > mistake.
> >
> > configure:558: checking for gcc
> > configure:671: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> > configure:687: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > configure: failed program was:
> >
> > #line 682 "configure"
> > #include "confdefs.h"
> >
> > main(){return(0);}
> >
> > Lyndon Lininger Sr.

Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                  Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin