Alberto De Oliveira wrote:

> Hi everyone!!
>
>         I guess since I'm posting this letter here I don't have to state I'm a
> relatively new to Linux.
>
>         My question is can I create a ram drive in Linux, and if yes, am I limited
> to the size of the drive( other than the normal limitations such as
> available ram)?  Also how do I mount it, or do I have to mount it?...
>
>         Thanks
Yes.
I don't think the size is limited, but it's a kernel option for the
default size (4 meg in mandrake?).  There is probably documentation in
the kernel stuff.  I know that you can change the size of the boot ram
disk in lilo, but don't know how when using the system.  There is a
section in the bootdisk HOW-TO that tells you some about ram disks.
To mount it, make sure you have a /dev/ram0 (or /dev/ramN) that you want
to use and a mount point (for example /myram) and enter "mount /myram
/dev/ram0". Then just use /myram like a disk.