"Hill, Andrew" wrote:

> I have successfully installed linux-mandrake 7, however, even though I
> can mount hda1 and hda5 and am able to browse the files, i am unable to
> peruse the directories using staroffice 5.1a.
Are these your DOS/Win partitions?  If so, there is a problem with the
mount points.  If you look in your /etc/fstab file they will be
something like DOS_hda1. Star Office needs them to be all lower case.
Edit the fstab file and create new mount points to match such as
/mnt/dos_hda1 or whatever you want them to be called.