Re: your concerns about needing to fumble with a floppy if you install
Linux on a separate partition, don't worry. Mandrake installs a boot menu
called "lilo" into the boot sector of your boot disk. Instead of the
Windoze banner at startup,you'll see a boot prompt "lilo boot:" and can
enter "linux" or "dos" at it -- the latter will give you the familiar
banner, the former will give you lots of colorful text messages scrolling
up the screen, and not much later, the KDE desktop. :-)

Re: Lnx4Win -- forget it. In the long term it's better to get a new
partition and format it with the ext2 filesystem. Linux will be very much
faster and more efficient that way. Make a swap partition too. Make it 4x
the size of your memory -- my machine has 64 megs of RAM, so I made a 256
meg swap partition.

Re: installing -- try putting the CD-ROM in your drive and rebooting the
machine. Some modern computer BIOSes allow booting from the CD-ROM, and the
Mandrake CD has a boot sector on it, so if you have a recent BIOS, you'll
boot right into a Mandrake installer complete with partition editing tool.

--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a