The date problem does happen sometimes, but just keep hitting Date until it
works. It's a little tricky though, you'll have to experiment with it a bit.

Kmail can store your passwords. Go to File>Settings>Network Tab Then click on
the account, hit "Modify", and there should be an option to "Save Password to
Config File". And there you go.

Can't help with the different identies though.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com