Hi folks:

I have installed win95/dos along with Linux-Mandrake 6.1 on my computer. I
was able to run linux fine until I did this;

Using cat /proc/meminfo, it showed me the swap space as 0 and used 0.
Thus I edited the file /etc/lilo.conf and added the line append="mem=80M"
before the first image statement. Then I saved the file and ran lilo. Then
instead of using shutdown command I went for the soft boot accidently (ctl +
alt + del).

When I booted the computer again, lilo started loading linux and gave me the
following errors;

Kernal Panic: Attempted to kill the idle task
In swapper talk- not syncing.

Your help will be appreciated.

-Vishal.